Search results

General

Type

Sector

Regions

Countries

Sort options

1,885 results found for your search

Issue 874 - 10 April 2010

MBR: Allawi meeting

Free

Allawi meeting

United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Subscriber

Abu Dhabi’s ambitious Mubadala Development Company has released results for 2009, which are better than those for 2008, although it appears MDC is substantially dependent on government-related operational activities, external investments and shares in foreign entities to offset losses elsewhere in its portfolio to make an overall profit. “Total comprehensive income was Dh8.6bn, largely driven by revenue from the sale of goods and services at Dh13.1bn and improvements in the fair valuation of investments at Dh6.4bn,” said MDC’s report.

United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Issue 874 - 10 April 2010

New border council

Subscriber

In December 2009, UAE President Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan established the Council of Border Affairs, replacing the Permanent Border Committee.

United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Subscriber

Sheikh Ahmed Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, a son of the UAE’s founding president, has died after a microlight aircraft he was learning to fly crashed in Morocco on 26 March. Sheikh Ahmed was managing director of Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (Adia) and had substantial business interests.

United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Subscriber

Atradius Dutch State Business has highlighted a significant series of claims and payment delays.

Saudi Arabia | Bahrain | United Arab Emirates (UAE) | Qatar
Subscriber

Six Abu Dhabi government-related entities and UAE state-owned Etisalat have been downgraded, while Abu Dhabi Investment Authority’s first review lacks detail

United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Issue 872 - 05 March 2010

Al-Fahim under pressure on all fronts

Subscriber

Former head of Abu Dhabi’s Hydra Properties Sulaiman Al-Fahim has provided the western media with a bounty of stories over the past two years, but has been in even deeper trouble back home. In December, a Dubai court issued an irrevocable ruling against Al-Fahim and other defendants and ordered them to pay more than Dh8m ($2.1m) plus interest to an Azeri businessman over a property dispute – in another case that has highlighted the pitfalls of doing business in a region where transparency has its limits.

United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Subscriber

Despite the US company’s $170m deal with the UAE, European firms are proving increasingly strong competition for air-launched missile systems contracts

Kuwait | Saudi Arabia | United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Subscriber

The International Monetary Fund has issued a relatively detailed Article IV report on the UAE for the first time in several years. It starts by outlining 2009’s “significant slowdown in growth and strains in the banking system as a result of the global financial crisis, the decline in oil prices, and the continuing fallout from the bursting of the Dubai property bubble”.

United Arab Emirates (UAE) | Iraq
Subscriber

RAK Petroleum (RAK-P) has farmed into the Hammamet exploration permit offshore Tunisia. Canada’s Storm Ventures International (SVI) was awarded the block in June 2005. It now holds a 35% operated interest, down from 65%, and has conducted 2D and 3D seismic. Australia’s Cooper Energy holds the remaining 35%.

United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Subscriber

Mourning, Police college graduate

United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Subscriber

Dubai needs to improve its handling of the DW situation, Iraq taps new $3.6bn IMF programme

United Arab Emirates (UAE) | Iraq
Issue 871 - 12 February 2010

Net widens in Hamas whodunnit

Subscriber

Dubai has responded strongly to the 20 January killing in the Al-Bustan Rotana Hotel of Hamas official Mahmud Al-Mabhuh.

United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Issue 871 - 12 February 2010

UAE: Abdullah Bin Zayed

Free

Emirati foreign minister Sheikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al-Nahayan has been in Australia for talks.

United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Subscriber

It would be hard to tell there was a Dubai financial crisis, with the UAE’s bank reporting season in full swing. On the face of it, results so far suggest there is better news coming out of Dubai than Abu Dhabi, but consideration of UAE financial risk may be better based on transparency rather than good news

United Arab Emirates (UAE)